Sunday, February 4, 2007

Uncle Ed

Yesterday morning my father called me at work to inform me that my Uncle had passed away in his sleep overnight. He was rather young, in this early 50's, didn't drink, didn't smoke or drug. He was a walker, a rocker, and a generally quiet man, unless you got him talking about cars, nautical history, antique furniture or anything dirty or funny. He loved crude T-shirts and ate French fries and hamburgers and kernel corn and baked potatoes. He laughed loudly when he found something funny and never complained, at least I never heard him. He lived next door with his wife (my godmother) and two cousins and he took care of my car, told me what not to do with it and always told us to wear shoes while on our bikes. I love him very much and miss him terribly already. Below is one of his favorite T-Shirts.

No comments: